Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Land Locked!! help!

So Its been a long time since iv posted anything new sorry's to all! Im a very very busy man....Lazy man. Iv only gotten out on the water twice in the past few weeks and happily its been very productive, a few fish here and there. So finally I bought a fly vice, cost me a total of $17.00 canadian from Le barons outdoor store, that place has amazing deals, its nothing special or anything but it works. Sweet now I don't have to use a wooden L bracket fitted with a model knife clamp! I also picked up a few fly tying supplies, although I don't fish fly I like to make elaborate jigs with feathers and hair and such, iv almost switched to jigs exclusively because of all the fish I'm landing on them! I don't like buying in to the lure gimmicks these days not to mention I drool over many flies I see on the web so most of my models are fly inspired, last year I managed to spend around $400 on damn crank baits and such, this year its all on feathers thread and hair and i'm saving a life time supply of cash because of it. Not to mention the level of gratification I get from landing huge snot rockets on them. Posts will be more frequent in the coming days because i'm land locked, I plan on posting a series of lures i'm tying so check back regularly all to take a look. I really want to develop a world wide community for those who fish with their own home brewed lures so I encourage anyone who has pictures to send them to me and ill me happy to post them on the site along with what ever information you want to add such as name, fish and where it was caught. Keep fishing everyone and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment